Coconut oil has been used for centuries as a conditioning treatment for the skin and hair.
Coconut oil is, hands down, one of the most effective hair treatments for any very wide variety of hair issues. Many declare that coconut oil actually works better than any man-made treatments available on the market, and because it’s 100% natural, and it’s free from silicones, alcohols, and other chemicals that can aggravate sensitive skin and hair.
It really works incredibly well for repairing damaged hair that’s been over-processed, heat damaged, or is just naturally dry. Coconut oil can also be anti-fungal in nature, making it a perfect natural anti-dandruff treatment, or like a preventative treatment for dandruff. It’s a great regular hair treatment for maintaining very healthy hair and scalp when used as part of your regular hair care routine.
If you use virgin coconut oil as a conditioner to your hair, you can nourish both your scalp and hair to create your tresses healthy and beautiful. Virgin coconut oil is really a white, solid oil at 70 degrees. When you apply the heat of your hands towards the solid oil, it will quickly become smooth, and you’ll be able to apply it to your hair easily.
Over the years, considerable coconut oil research continues to be conducted to better understand the oil and it is benefits in hair care. Recent research points to coconut oil’s benefits as both a sealant and hair protein re constructor of sorts. These protein re constructor benefits are specifically interesting in black hair care applications. Solid at 70 degrees, coconut oil has been used for generations by women of color in those tropical paradises all over the world where coconuts are indigenous and grow freely.
Coconut Oil For Hair Care
Coconut oil includes a long history of use for skin and hair care, particularly among Asian people. Many beauticians and hairstylists use coconut oil due to the properties it possesses. Use virgin coconut oil to find the best care for hair virgin coconut oil has not been refined, and stripped of a number of its properties, unlike refined coconut oils.
Place 1 to 2 tablespoons solid coconut oil into the palm of one hand. The amount of coconut oil you need is determined by the length of your hair. Short hair may only require 1tablespoon, while longer hair will need more oil.
- Rub your hands together to warm the coconut oil. While you apply the heat of your hands and lightweight friction, the coconut oil will soften and be smooth enough to work with.
- Apply the coconut oil for your hair, from the scalp all the way to the tips of the hair. Cover every inch of your scalp and hair with coconut oil, massaging the oil in thoroughly.
- Continue massaging your hair and scalp for approximately 15 minutes, if you desire. If you like after you coat your scalp and hair thoroughly, cover your hair having a plastic shower cap and allow the coconut oil to sit down on your hair for up to one hour.
- Rinse your hair with tepid to warm water to remove the coconut oil and then wash your hair normally.
- Repeat the coconut oil application a couple of times each week to nourish and condition your hair.